Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Beauty of Friends...

I have been enjoying glimpses of God quite a bit lately. I have seen His beauty in full color as spring has sprung. It's in His masterful artwork, the forsythias, tulips, grass, birds, and in my friend's pretty blue eyes. He was there yesterday as she and I enjoyed some time sharing what God has been up to in our lives. In fact I think one of the ways I see Him most is in the bond we women might refer to as sisterhood, friendship, sisters in Christ, etc! There is something to be said about the way we women can laugh and cry together all in one conversation, the way God has made us to feel so deeply another woman's joys and struggles. So to all my girlfriends that read this blog, thank you for the times you have shared with me and allowed me to see God in your every day! You are beautiful and you are loved. Continue to be the amazing women of God that He has called you to be.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I wholeheartedly agree we definitely have a solid bond that keeps us from going crazy. Where would we be without a laugh or a cry together.Its good being a woman (sorry guys you don't know what your missing) This is one of my favorite of your Blogs so far LOL! Love Ya Sis !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica,

    Enjoyed this posting and wept at the same time. Had to step back from it for a few days.

    One of my dear sisters in Christ, Debbie, went Home to be with Jesus last July after a difficult struggle with bone cancer. Still, I miss her laughter, her blue eyes, her hugs, and her voice...gosh, I can't believe how much I miss her voice. Sisterhood in the Body of Christ is a rare gem, a pearl in the Kingdom of God, to be cherished, protected, and tended to like a flower. Do not forget to water it and put it in God's true Light! Praise God for the Blessing of it!

    However, as valuable as sisterhood is, our relationship with Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit is infinitely more valuable. Jesus said in John 17:3 that Eternal Life is knowing the one true God and Whom He sent, Jesus. As wonderful as sisterhood is, it is only the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

    When Debbie went missing from my life, I floundered around for a foundation, so much of my joy was wrapped up in her. When that great void opened up, wide and deep, Jesus was more more than enough to fill it. He is faithful!

    Journey has been excruciatingly painful...something not too many Christians want to talk about, yet I've grown further up and further into the Heart of God. There is no other place I'd rather be; it's my heart's desire.

    Don't get me wrong; I have a great sweet tooth and love the icing on the cake. So does God; He put that in me. At my weakest hour, God placed our freakin fantastic sister, Nadine, into my life in such a supernatural way that I knew she was God's gift to me. He's such an awesome Provider! But, I've been known to lick the icing off the cake and leave the cake behind. There will be no more of that; they come together always and forever! Amen!

    Love, your sister in Christ,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Carolyn. It is the common bond that sisters in Christ share that makes friendship beautiful, it's the glue that transcends distance, time, and death. It's the joy of knowing that with sisters in Christ it's only ever a temporary goodbye because we have eternity to look forward to. It's the comfort of having an always present and never changing God to wipe away our tears, making himself even more dear to us than ever before. He is the ultimate friend. Glad you can find comfort in Him.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete