Tuesday, April 13, 2010

God in the Get up and Go!

Have you ever just felt like getting up and going somewhere that you hadn't planned on going? I am a very organized and planned out type of person, so this rarely happens to me and when it does I usually wrestle with my urge to go and my to do list that never ends at home! This week I saw God in the get up and go...

At the beginning of this week I had an urge to go visit my cousin. I felt like I needed to get away from the house and do something fun. My cousin is fun to be with and she lives nearby, so I loaded the kids into the car, picked up some donuts and headed her way. The time spent together started out just like I expected. We laughed ate chocolate donuts and I learned how to play dominoes. ( For those of you who don't know me well, learning a new game is not easy for me. I don't catch on quickly. So the fact that I am telling you it was fun, means that I had incredibly patient teachers who laughed WITH me instead of at me! ) Everything was fine until my Grammy came into the room because she had found out that her brother died.

Suddenly my unexpected and unplanned visit became a divine appointment. My cousin admits that she is not good in situations like that, really who is? How do you comfort someone who is sobbing so hard she is shaking? I had never had to do that by myself before. Thankfully I wasn't truly alone because God was there in the puddle that Grammy and I became together!

I share this because I saw God in the get up and go. It made me wonder how many times I have missed God's purpose for my day because I fought with Him over my to do list and stayed home! So my challenge for myself and for you is this: Don't let your well planned schedule rule you! Make room to get up and go so you don't miss out on being where God wants you at the right moment. How about you? Did you see God in any divine appointments this week? How?

No comments:

Post a Comment