Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Been A While...

Hello to anyone who still actually reads my blog! I would be surprised if anyone still does anymore especially since it's been a few weeks since I posted anything. But just in case, here I am. So why has it been so long???

I have been so busy that haven't sat still long enough to reflect on how I see God in each day. Sad but true. It's not that I don't spend time with Him, I do every morning. It's just that I have been packing too much into each day leaving no room for reflection or enjoyment of living. I'm sure you know what I mean, we all do it. Our "to do" lists never end and we don't always know how to say "no" to people, sometimes we get in a very productive "let's get it done" mode. And if you are like me then it doesn't stop until God gets your attention or you get so worn out that you crash and burn!

A few nights ago we had a special friend over for dinner and it was so hot inside that we went out on the patio where there was a breeze. He is the kind of friend that you don't have awkward silence with and you don't feel like you have to make tons of noisy conversation. So we sat and enjoyed the breeze, the children playing, the quiet neighborhood. It was the first time in weeks that I sat still physically and mentally for any length of time. I saw God in the quiet this week. He reminded me to be still. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erica,

    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean...I had some extra special moments with God on Nadine's porch and backyard last week. Both in the silence and in the sweet sound of my sister's voice. In the Stargazer Lilies that were in bloom. In the fireworks display that our Father planned just for us in the parking lot of a store. Oh, the sweet fragrance of our sisterhood, may it rise unto our Father's nostrils and may He be pleased. I know He is...I sure am.

    May we not be too distracted to miss a single opportunity for Jesus. What a blessing and honor it is to know God and to serve Him! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle being still but when I finally submit to it, it is just what I need. It is amazing how God know exactly what we need exactly when we need it. I think sometimes I struggle with listening to God. I always want to do things my way. When I finally slow down I can hear God saying “are you ready to do it my way?” And at that point I am. Silly me...I can be so suborn.

    ReplyDelete