Saturday, January 22, 2011

God In A Song...

Tonight I saw God in the verse to one of my favorite hymns. I have sung this hymn many times in my life and this particular verse has never grabbed me like it did tonight. It took me by surprise!

We began to sing the first verse to the hymn Be Thou My Vision at church tonight. Then verse two started and by the end of verse two I stood there hand raised, tears flowing,and surprised to find myself that way.

Here are the words to the verse that got me: " Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word- I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord. Thou my great Father, I Thy true son- Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one."

I have been pondering why it got me the whole way home. I couldn't help but ask myself where would I be without God's wisdom and His Word? I can't imagine it! There are moments in my life where there was nothing else that I could do but plead with Him to just give me a Word because of how hurt or how confused, or how worried I was. And whatever Word He gave me became my lifeline.

Maybe I am writing this tonight because someone who will read it needs that wisdom, that Word from God, that lifeline. Ask for it. He always comes through and when He does, that Word will become one of your most precious treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment