Wednesday, February 2, 2011

God 's Reminder...

Today I see God in some Scripture verses that He keeps filling my mind with. He brought them to my attention a couple of weeks ago when I was talking to Him about some frustrations and struggles I was having. They brought me comfort and peace. I hadn't given them much thought since, but He reminded me of them again at the grocery store today.

I have been on a quest to be a better caretaker of my finances where groceries are concerned. To do this I have been learning to clip coupons and use them on things that are already on sale to save the most I can on what I already need to get. So I went to Shoprite today to give it a try. It seemed as though every aisle I turned down I saw the same elderly man. I couldn't help but notice how carefully he was looking at the prices and reading the fine print on the sales signs. I had to wait for him to move along in order to get to the toothpaste that was on sale because he was there so long looking the display over and reading the sign. He picked up the toothpaste and then put it back again twice, and then looked at his list once more before moving on. I had come prepared too. The toothpaste was on sale and with the coupon I had I would be able to get it for only 28 cents. But then God told me to go and give that man my coupon...

So I walked over to him and mentioned that I had a coupon for the toothpaste and offered it to him. He smiled and took it. As I walked away God reminded me of the Scriptures that I mentioned earlier, they are found in Isaiah 46:4. "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you."

Please join me for a minute as I let my imagination ask the question : Did God who knows all things, know that this man needed that toothpaste and wasn't going to buy it because it wasn't the price he could afford, and so God sent me to give the man my coupon? Could it be that God's bearing this man in his old age included making sure he had toothpaste? I don't know about you, but I love the thought that the God who created the universe cares about such small things that we need like toothpaste!


Someday I will be like that man in the grocery store. I will be gray and old and in some ways life may be more of a challenge than it is now. But no matter how I change or how the world around me changes, or my circumstances change, God is the same. He will never change and I can always count on Him to see me through. I share this with you because we all at some point in our lives need to be reminded and encouraged that God loves us and cares for us consistently, especially since we live in a world that is rapidly changing on a regular basis. I don't know about you but I am thankful that I can grow old with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment