Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One Day...

I have been angry most of the day today. The local paper listed the names of the teachers being furloughed. At first we were told my husband's name wasn't listed there but later we found out it was because friends and family started calling. I was angry because it adds insult to injury for him and his coworkers, its completely unnecessary, and it upset the students and teachers at school so much that it made for a tough work day. I was angry because the more information I get the more I realize how unjust all of this is. Everyone is suffering but the people who caused this mess in the first place.

I am still at peace about the job loss but I have been angry today about the injustice of it all not just for us but for everyone else too. But here is the thing about being angry at injustice... if you let your mind go too far down that road you can begin to feel hopeless, and very grumpy. That is how I began to feel toward the end of the day. I longed for quiet but there was none to be found because I have two girls who like to talk and even when they weren't talking my brain wouldn't shut up! And on top of that I had to take one of them to dress rehearsal for Easter service.

As I sat and watched the rehearsal, two of the singers began to sing a song called One Day. I have heard this song before and sung it in church. But the last verse really snapped me out of the funk I was in. The verse was: " One day the trumpet will sound for His coming, One day the skies with His glories will shine; Wonderful day, my beloved ones bringing; Glorious Savior, this Jesus is mine!"

One day...
One day there will be no more injustices. One day there will be no more diseases. One day there will be no more goodbyes. One day all these things that matter so much to us now will be put in their proper perspective and we will wonder why we even concerned ourselves with them. One day our eyes will see His face and all will be more than well. But without Christ's death and resurrection there would be no "One Day" to look forward to! Because He conquered death we get to look forward to His second coming .

I have celebrated Easter for years. I have gone to Good Friday services and remembered the cross. I have rejoiced on Easter Sunday as we celebrated Christ conquering death. But this is the first Easter that I am reminded that those two things also allow me to celebrate His future return.

So as you celebrate this Easter be thankful for what Christ did and be thankful that there is a "One Day" to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment