Tuesday, May 24, 2011

God Sees What I Can't....

I take comfort in knowing that God sees what I can't. I wrote this sentence in an email to a friend yesterday. Funny thing is as I was typing it, the words came out in a very matter of fact kind of way. I was expressing a conclusion that I had come to after having struggled with some things. It wasn't until later on in the day that the words started to roll around in my mind sort of speaking to me beyond that matter of fact kind of way.

God sees what I can't...
I can only see what's in front of me right now. Sometimes that can be uncertain,disappointing, cause for concern, or scary. If I could see the end result, the future, how things will turn out I may feel better. Even if things don't turn out well, if I could see ahead at least I could see the way God would work in my heart and in my life through what is presently going on. But I can't see more than what is in front of me.

I take comfort in knowing...
God sees the future. God can see what is in front of me but He can also see what lies ahead. He can see the end from the beginning. He knows how it all works together and why it all works together. He sees the purpose He has in mind for everything that I go through in this life.

I take comfort in knowing that God sees what I can't...
Because God can see ahead and I can't I need to keep my eyes focused on Him. He needs to be in my sights as I look forward and step forward in faith. David puts it this way in Psalm 16: 8 "I have set the LORD continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Many of us face uncertainties and hardships right now. For some its a serious health issue or a rebellious child. For others it's addiction, divorce, job loss, or the death of a loved one. Whatever it is please take comfort in knowing that God sees the future, He sees what you can't and He sees beyond the fog of this trial you are in right now. If you fix your eyes on Him and take comfort in knowing that He can see what you can't you too will not be shaken!

No comments:

Post a Comment