Thursday, October 13, 2011

At His Feet...

I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. You know that feeling of being in a constant fast motion and unable to gasp for air? I go from the time I wake up in the morning until long after the kids are in bed. I don't remember last school year being this way. My weekends are full. I use them to catch up with friends and family. Life has been full. Even the moments for doing household chores have no quiet. These moments do double duty this week as I listen to others share their struggles with me on the phone. This too has made me feel overwhelmed and weary at times. I feel the responsibility of taking these phone conversations to God in prayer. So much to pray about broken hearts, depressed kids, financial struggles, and health problems.

In the middle of it all I hear the same song replaying in my mind. It seems to be calling me, answering the question I haven't spoken out loud but have wondered secretly. How am I going to do all that I have to do, and all that God has put in front of me to do, and do it well? The title of the song is "At Your Feet" it is written by Jason Ingram and Mark Hall. The group Casting Crowns sings it. Here are the words that answer my question:

Here at Your feet I lay this day down
Not in my strength but in Yours I've found
All I need, You're all I need

Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet
Oh, to dwell and never leave
Jesus, Jesus, at Your feet
There is nowhere else for me
There is nowhere else for me

If I really think about it I have to admit that the most peaceful, refreshing, and joyful moments have taken place at His feet. It's not that I haven't been spending time with Him. I have, but I haven't lingered. "Oh to dwell and never leave" I have simply stopped in for a while on my way to somewhere else. It's no wonder I feel overwhelmed! I am human, I can't do it all and do it well on my own. I need God's help and more importantly I simply need to be with Him. I need to linger. You know, like one lingers when they are spending time with their sweetheart. Savoring every last bit of time together and wishing the time didn't go by so fast. Sad when it's time to go and already excited about the next time spent together. Holding on tightly to the loving words that were spoken, so as not to forget them.

Will you join me in lingering at Christ's feet this week instead of stopping by on your way to somewhere else? Will you savor every moment with Him and hold on tightly to the words He speaks to you? If we do this I am certain that we will be able to do whatever He has put in front of us to do and do it well, without growing weary.

1 comment:

  1. I Hear you and It sure sounds like a good plan one Im going to be doing this week . Thanks for the encouraging words and good reminder.

    ReplyDelete