Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Reflections...

There is one more day left in the year 2011. It's been quite a year! As I sit here remembering I hear the words to a song running through my mind. It really does sum up this year for my family and I. The words are from Laura Story's song "Faithful God".

Here are some of the words that ring true for 2011 in my life:

"For You are the love that never leaves
The friend that won't deceive
You're the one sure thing.

Faithful God, every promise kept
Every need You've met, Faithful God
All I am and all I'll ever be
Is all because You love faithfully
Faithful God."


He has been our one sure thing in the midst of a very uncertain year. He has kept all of His promises and met every need. He has faithfully loved us by keeping us in His perfect peace and never letting us forget for a second that we belong to Him. If I were to list the ways He has loved us so faithfully in 2011 I would be here until the end of 2012! I am not surprised as I look back because He has always proven Himself faithful in prior years, but I still sit here in awe of how personal He is about doing it. What I hope to carry into 2012 with me is His tender care, that the God of the Universe who speaks things into being cares about the things that concern little me. He doesn't just care He shows it in ways that He knows I can receive it and hold on to it. I am so grateful.


As I say goodbye soon to 2011, I want to welcome 2012 in with gratitude. I want to begin my days with thanks and end them with thanks. I want to faithfully recount God's faithfulness to my kids and whoever else will listen. Then with all that thankfulness I hope He will use me to help others see more easily His faithfulness in their lives. I look forward like everyone else to a New Year and a fresh start but I want to carry with me the important parts of 2011, the lessons learned at His feet. Will you join me in embracing the new without letting go of the eternal treasures from the old? Let's begin 2012 with thankful hearts for the trials of 2011 and the lessons we learned through them at His feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment