Thursday, May 31, 2012

Every Day Graces...

Each day is filled with gifts from God that we seldom stop long enough to notice.  My heart is so full right now I think it might burst if I don't share what God has been doing.  I hope that you will be able to see how ordinary and how personal these gifts are yet they come from the God of the Universe.  That's what always gets me. He is so big but He cares about the little things.

My preteen was extremely chatty today and that is a gift.  Sometimes she's not and I miss it.  God has answered prayer and is giving her discernment in her friendships.  I may want the end result of making wiser choices to come quickly when I pray for her, but then I would miss the beauty of watching God work.  His work is lasting and for that I am grateful!

My little one has a new friend to play with.  She has been asking God to send her one for quite a few months now.  I have enjoyed watching them play dolls on the front porch many times these past few days.  What is more precious is that my little girl knows that God hears, He answers, and He loves her.

I have been in and out of the back door several times this week to work in the yard.  Yesterday I discovered that directly above the door is a hornet's nest.  I had walked under it many times and never once was stung.  I am so thankful for God's protection... no epi-pen needed !
 
I was able to spend some time with a special little boy tonight.  Pretty soon he will have a baby brother.  He greeted me with a hug and a kiss and this time he managed to say "Aunt Erica" .  Made my heart melt.  What a gift!

Some very dear people have had health issues that I have been praying about.  Praying is putting it mildly.  Making sure God knows how much I love them and couldn't bear the thought of something terrible going wrong with them would be more accurate!  I am very thankful that everyone's tests came back good!  I am also thankful for the opportunity to pray for them and be reminded of the precious they are. 

These are just a few of the gifts from this week.  Thank you for letting me share them with you. I could probably stand to be still and reflect on God's gifts more often instead of racing through life. There is something in the the reflecting that produces an even greater appreciation and love for Him.  How about you?  What ordinary gifts did He bless you with this week?  Why not share them with someone else so they can be encouraged too?



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, your blogs have been awesome gifts of God to me. It is good to know that Holy Spirit is saying and teaching the same messages to others in the Body of Christ. Often when you are walking out in the world, it can feel very lonely...like you are the only one who sees, hears, and feels the heart of God in everything you do or don't do. The little gifts and the big gifts. I become so eager to share with others, but when I do, so often I get blank stares back. Your last three blogs touched on the same issues, lessons that the Spirit has been dealing with me. What a blessing that is...thank you again. Keep writing what the Spirit has been giving you; it's a definite gift from God. Much love, sister! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick story because I enjoy a good story, parable, metaphor as much as you and God do. At work Saturday, I saw a fellow nurse using a green pen similar to one of my favorite pens from the past. In the ICU, however, it's near to impossible to keep a pen. If you lay it down and become distracted, it's gone, baby, gone. So, I saw the pen, felt nostalgic, but I thought, "Oh well, that pen is gone, a thing of the past." Didn't think much more of it. God had other plans. The next morning when I went to get my work badge out of the drawer, there sat the green pen! Was it there all along or did God manifest it? Good question, but either way it was God. For the first time I actually read what was written on the pen, which was a gift from another nurse over a year ago. It read, "Gifts That Give Hope". Don't under value the gifts that give hope in God and His Kingdom here on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen...so be it

    ReplyDelete