I am not sad to see 2012 end. It has not been an easy year for us and I find myself looking forward to 2013 because it is a new beginning. No doubt it will have its own share of difficulties, every year does. I guess right now I am just thankful that I am not starting the new year the same way I have these past two years. I am not waiting for the school board to make its budget and decide whether my husband has a job. Seems like a good start to me!
The end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 share something. I end 2012 with thankfulness and I begin 2013 the same way. As I reflect on 2012 I notice that in the middle of our most challenging moments God was consistently with us. That is why I am so thankful. Here are some of the challenges of our year...
1. My husband lost his job at the end of the school year. Every need we had was met. At the last possible minute he was hired at a Christian Retreat Center.
God was with us.
2. My father in law learns that he has a tumor that has to have a biopsy. It isn't cancer but he will have to be continually monitored.
God was with him.
3. My Aunt almost died. Notice I said almost? She is still with us and it is truly a miracle.
God was with her.
4. My mom fell down a whole flight of stairs and narrowly missed hitting her head on a metal heater. She is still doing physical therapy but she is alive and here with us.
God was with her.
5. My daughter was in the hospital because a virus attacked her bone marrow. Three days with two blood transfusions, lots of blood work, an ultrasound, a spinal tap, parents praying like their very lives depend on it, and she finally went home. She is as healthy as ever today!
God was with us!
As you can see throughout 2012 God was always with us. He saw us through all of the hard times. This is why I am thankful. I am thankful that not once did He leave us to fend for ourselves. None of us can see into the future to know what this next year holds. We can make all the plans we want but ultimately we won't know until we get there how it will all turn out. I go into 2013 thankful because I know that at least one thing is for certain. Just as He was in 2012, God will be with us. As long as He is there I can look forward to it!