Sunday, June 8, 2014

Inspired...

     She was laying down on the floor in front of the altar at the start of the worship service. She was so still for so long that we wondered if she was breathing. At her age, it was possible that something had gone wrong. Do we walk up, kneel beside her and check for a pulse? Or would that make a scene? What if she was really worshiping and not having a medical problem? She was just so still...and she wasn't quite kneeling or bowing...she was laying down.

     I sat down in my seat and began to pray for the woman just in case she wasn't well. I figured she must have started out down there worshiping so I asked God if she was well, to bless her time spent there at the altar with Him. My husband decided to quietly walk up and ask one of the Pastors if the woman on the floor was okay. He explained our concerns. The Pastor assured him that she was fine.  A few minutes later the woman got up and moved to the floor in front of the first row of chairs and knelt there worshiping.

     She captured my attention in those moments. What she did was beautiful. She had lost track of all that surrounded her and was clearly enjoying the presence of her Savior. More than a few times I couldn't help but glance her way. Once, I saw her jumping up and down and clapping to the verse of a song we were singing. It was the verse that spoke about Christ returning. How precious to see her joy at the thought of His return. She was so full of it she couldn't be still!

     I spoke to her after church and told her how incredibly blessed I was by her obedience to worship God in the way that He had moved on her heart to. Tears came to her eyes as she quickly gave God the glory and spoke about how she just wants to be where He wants her to be and to do what it is He wants her to do. I don't know how old she is, but she is elderly. During my conversation with her I just kept thinking I hope I am like her when I am her age!

     I hope that if I live long enough to be considered old, that I am as full of God's love and life as she is! I don't want to spend my days in later years sitting around waiting to go to heaven. I want to be like her...manifesting heaven on earth, living for the glory of God, eager to joyfully serve, and quick to bow before Him.  I have been inspired!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment